Friday, May 9, 2008

WDW Day Two morning and afternoon

Today we headed to The Animal Kingdom. This park opened on Earth Day 1998. So as you can guess it is all about conservation. You won't get lids on your soda cups and the straws are some form of cardboard. This picture is of the beautiful DeVine. It is hard to spot her because she is usually curled up to a tree. But when you do she is amazing.

Halley and I broke away from the group to grab fastpasses for Dinosaur! I had intended to take her on a few Halley size rides while we waited for the group but as soon as she spotted these two that's all she wanted. The wait for characters is as long as any popular ride. But she did not complain and loved every minute of it

This is Expedition Everest the newest thrill ride. Shane and I saw it being built on our '05 trip. It did not disappoint. It was so smooth and thrilling from beginning to end. Seeing the Yeti was probably the scariest for me.

Since I am at Animal Kingdom I need to throw in a picture of an animal. These are two Scarlet McCaws. The close-ups of animals is such a fun part of this park. So many pictures so little space...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: