Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Happy Anniversary to Us!
Has it really been 15 years? It feels like we have known each other our whole lives and yet I don't feel any older, although from this picture it looks like we were 12 when we got married. Here are 15 great memories from the lives of Shane and Jacque...aside from the obvious children being born etc..(that would eat up 5 of my top 15).
1. Honeymoon in Disney World. For those of you who don't know I have loved Disney all my life. I went to Disneyland a lot as a kid because we lived down there and when friends came from out of town we took them to Disneyland. I always thought I would go camping on my honeymoon. Silver Falls was the location I imagined but that was only because Mormons didn't go on extravagant honeymoons. They go to the coast.
2. Seattle. I loved the month that we had together with no job and lots of free time. The drives we took to Enumclaw, Snowqualmie Falls, Fall City, and Canada.
3. Pedersen Ski and Sports. Though it wasn't my favorite job it was a cool job. Our shop looked cool and we sold cool stuff. I loved when the new skis and boards got shipped to us because it was like Christmas seeing all our new equipment.
4. Nursing school. Man that was some hard times but it was exciting to know that it was the poorest we would ever get...hopefully!
5. Shopping for our first home. Can you believe we got it for $93,000? We put so much of ourselves into that home, it is hard for any home to compare...600 square foot addition (I miss our fireplace), new kitchen, sprinkler system, new lawns, back patio, covered carport (boat port).
6. Trips to Alaska. I feel like those were the ultimate field trip. The Last Frontier. It is a vacation like no other. Our family got to experience things unimaginable...kayaking, salmon fishing in a river near a black bear, humpback whale spotting, boating near icebergs with sea lions, railroad trip from Skagway over scary bridge, small plane trip over Alaska wilderness.
7. Trip to Disney World with Doobie. We hated to share a getaway with him but it ended up being fun side conversation.
8. Trip to Disney World and the Florida Keys with Naoki and Jenny. At first I felt guilty going back without kids but I soon recovered. How fun to go with others that we like. Florida Keys were fun...loved Key West.
9. Greatest gift giver in the world. It is not just what you would give, it was the way you would give it to me. You are so thoughtful as to what I would really like and the presentation has always been part of the gift.
10. Fun trips with friends. I have loved all of our goofy adventures with the many wonderful friends we have made over the years. Horseback riding with the Deane's; Billy Joel with the Bryant's; Sun River, Huckleberry picking, Mill Creek Falls, and Gooseneck Cove with the Dunn's.
11. Cooking for you. You have been so easy to cook for. You have never complained and only occasionally teased. I have never stressed because you will eat anything and will act just as happy if I say it is sandwich night because I can't face dinner.
12. Mutual understanding for hobbies. You have been supportive of all the hobbies I have pursued over the years: card making, scrap booking, woodcutting crafts, and singing. I have tried to be equally supportive of hunting, scuba diving and travel...
13. Speaking of singing, traveling and amazing gifts...Singing through Switzerland was a definite highlight. Touring through Lucerne, riding the cable car up Mt. Pilatus and swishing down on a luge.
14. Singing in Germany. Touring castles, and cathedrals and Olympic stadiums from Hitlers day was unsurpassed. How about YMCA with the town Oompa pah band. Classic!!
15. Singing in Austria. What an honor to sing in Mozart's hometown for his 250th birthday celebration. To see the sights of Sound of Music, and castles of past royalty. I will never forget climbing the heights of the Alps to see Austria, Switzerland, Italy, and Germany all at once.
What a marvelous 15 it has been and I look forward to another 15. Happy Anniversary to those we share it with: Justin and Jennie; Savannah and Adam; The Cobains; and Happy Birthday Naoki