Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hawaiian Addendum


It is inexcusable for me to exclude one of the most exciting things I have ever done. On the first day of our Hawaiian adventure we went diving at night with Manta Rays. In the hour or so we were in the water we had at least 10 of these hugh creatures swim past us -- sometimes so close they skimmed across our stomachs. It was unbelievably exciting and a great introduction for Jeanne to prepare her for "swimming with fishes". Although a member of the shark family, Manta Rays have no stinger and no teeth. We had to remind ourselves of that frequently when one of those monsters came swimming towards us.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I can't think of anything much more terrifying. When I was tossed into the ocean in Alaska Julie said how shocked she was I got back in so quickly....My mind was thinking of all the huge creatures in your waters and that is what got me back in so quickly. Amazing what the mind can accomplish!