Sunday, June 21, 2009

Coolest Dad Award


How lucky was I to be able to spend Father's Day with my Dad. I can't tell you how many years it has been spent by a phone call and me trying to share through the Satellite how special I think he is. We came off of our WDW trip and got to spend the next day at Mill Creek Falls and Avenue of the Boulders. I loved that place as a kid so it was very fitting to go back with my parents. One thing my Dad gave me was a love for the outdoors. Fun to go back!
Unfortunately with L.J. coming off vacation with pneumonia we couldn't really do a whole lot more but even just being at home with my parents is soul food for me. I love waking up to see my Dad playing with one of my kids or tinkering on his laptop...and seeing my Mom start breakfast...a chore I admittedly never do. I loved waking up this morning to make creme brulee french toast for Shane and my Dad...although I was way too sleepy at church as a result. I also loved making a big dinner to honor the two Dad's in my life. A good day for all until I had to see them off at the airport...not fun :( Dad I love you and I am grateful for the role you play in my life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: