Friday, July 16, 2010

12

It is no surprise to my kids that I am not a fan of them growing up. If I had my wish I would rewind the clock to when they are small and squishy....even if it meant re-potty training. I just hate to think that some day they will decide it is time to leave my home and make one of their one. Since I do have to see them grow, it is fun to see them do things that I remember doing for the first time and being so excited about it. Breanna got to go to the temple for the first time last week and it was awesome for her. Shane was there with her and they had a special time.
She also got to go to Girls Camp and to say she was thrilled is an understatement. She went to the Whitney's to braid her hair as is the tradition for Medford 2nd girls. The theme is Survivor and I am excited to have her come home and tell me all about her adventure. It was fun to see some of the same leaders at camp who were there when I was a youth.
Here she is with her J.C.'s Karla Grow, Sherilyn Shumway, and Clara Dunn. What a lucky girl to have such terrific girls be her mentors. I am not worried one bit as to how she will fare. Breanna has done a lot of missionary work with her friend lately and almost had her coming to camp too. What a great kid she is shaping up to be...if I don't say so myself.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

KayLynn said...

I have to tell you how much we enjoyed Breanna, as well as all your kids during the reunion. They must have very special parents to have turned out to be such great kids.

Kay said...

Ahhhh man, little Breezy is getting so old! It's been wonderful to have your kids around, since I had to let mine all grow up....thanks Schmidt's!